The principals of Pacific Maritime Lawyers have more than 20 years of government experience in marine safety and marine pollution regulation.
We can advise on:
- regulatory policy, including enforcement options
- regulatory problem-solving, with a focus on a data driven approach
- developing and using enforcement tools, ranging from improvement and infringement notices through to prosecution
- legislative development, including community consultation and feedback
- reviews and audits of investigation and enforcement systems, including the efficacy of incidentan investigation databases
- identifying and dealing with incident trends to improve safety outcomes
We also conduct investigations and prosecutions for serious and high profile matters, whether the incident involves death, serious injury, significant property damage, harm to the environment or concerns the Great Barrier Reef.
We can assist with the design and implementation of regulatory programs, and training for inspectors in evidence and legal proofs.
Contact us to arrange a consultation.